What is SkillsLocker?
SkillsLocker is a web based mobile application developed by TAFE NSW Customer Support as part of the Virtual Learning Environment Program.
SkillsLocker enables TAFE NSW students to collect and present verified evidence for recognition and assessment purposes. Evidence can be collected anywhere, anytime, using a smartphone, tablet device or computer. Evidence uploaded can include photos, videos, audio files, documents in any file type supported by the device used.
Students are able to login to their SkillsLocker account and access all evidence uploaded from any device using their DEC user ID. This information is synchronised across all devices.
- Unit of Competency information directly drawn from training.gov.au
- verified capability by a supervisor, if required, within the app with signature capture available on mobile devices
- teachers are able to upload supporting resources to each Unit including notes, links to existing websites, assessment documents and guides
- a messaging system to enable communication between teacher and student during the evidence gathering and assessment process
- an ability to export as a package a Unit of Competence and associated files as HTML or PDF for record keeping purposes
- includes inbuilt Help as text files, video files and FAQs