You can access your account in SkillsLocker from Android smartphones and tablets, iPhone 4 and above and iPad 2 and above or your computer from anywhere, at any time, as long as you have internet access and a DEC user name and password.
Let’s start with the required desktop functionality of your PC and smart devices
SkillsLocker is a web-based application. You will need to be connected to the internet and have a standard browser installed.
SkillsLocker has been optimised to work on:
- Google Chrome (version 29 and above)
- Firefox (version 22 and above)
- Safari (version 6 and above)
- Internet Explorer (version 8 and 9) (some of the interface elements may not display well)
- Android OS version 4 and above
- iOS 6.1 and above (iphone and ipad)
- If you find that your links do not open in SkillsLocker from your computer browser you may have pop ups turned off. If this happens, you will need to go into your browser setting to enable pop ups.
You may also require software and a number of plugins to view and play certain files on your computer such as PDF, DOC, TXT and RTF files. To view document files (other than PDF) you will need Microsoft Word or Windows WordPad installed on your computer. On your smartphone or tablet you will need to download an app. Popular choices include PDF documents require the Acrobat Reader. If you do not have it on your computer you can download it from http://www.adobe.com/. You can also download a PDF reader from the iTunes and Google stores.
To play videos and audio you need to make sure you have the correct or current drivers installed on your machine as well as the appropriate software to play your files. If you are using a PC you will most likely have Windows Media Player installed. The other popular program is Apple Quicktime. This can used by both Mac users and PC users.
Logging in to SkillsLocker
To log into SkillsLocker you must have a current and active TAFE NSW username and password.